We may all realize that we will see some lines and wrinkles on our face at some point, but that doesn’t mean we are prepared for the signs of aging to actually appear. Due to the frequent use of the muscles around the eyes and across the forehead, the upper regions of the face are particularly prone to creases. The bad news is that wrinkles are inevitable. The good news is that we have ways to deal with the signs of aging without having to consider surgery.
At our Lake Charles Dermatology and aesthetics center, we correct and prevent the signs of aging using a variety of modalities, from lasers to injectables. As you might suspect, neuromodulators like Botox are among the most popular treatments. Here, we offer Botox and Dysport for the correction of dynamic wrinkles like forehead lines, frown lines, and crow’s feet. Because this treatment is so popular and known for having no downtime, patients might overlook or never ask about some of the precautions they should take after their appointment. We’ll discuss them here.
Dos after Botox or Dysport
- Go about your day as usual (mostly).
- Apply ice after injections to lessen swelling and redness.
- Take the opportunity to rest and skip the gym or other workouts. Increasing the heart rate after injections elevates the risk of bruising, redness, and swelling.
Don’t after Botox or Dysport
- Rush back to strenuous exercise or to activities that may press on the face. Doing so increases the chances that the neuromodulator may migrate away from the treatment site.
- Avoid excessive heat and sun exposure for at least a day or two. Like exercise, excessive heat can increase blood flow through the treatment site and reduce the results of injections.
Botox and Dysport are two of the many treatment options our patients can explore when they visit our Lake Charles office. Dr. Smith has carefully selected our menu of services based on the safety and efficacy of each treatment. Neuromodulators have an excellent track record, making them a fan-favorite among adults who want more control over their aging process. To learn more about Botox, Dysport, or our other rejuvenating services, call 337. 477.0011 and schedule a visit with us.