Keeping your skin healthy is an essential part of maintaining good overall health and well-being. Through proper education, diagnosis, and individualized treatment, Dr. Shondra Smith and her team of skin care experts can help you achieve healthy skin.
Dr. Smith provides extraordinary general dermatology services for patients in Lake Charles, LA and surrounding areas. Dr. Smith is an expert in diagnosing and treating rosacea, acne, rashes, warts, psoriasis, skin cancers, and other general dermatology problems.
- Rosacea: Rosacea is a chronic, inflammatory skin condition that causes redness and flushing primarily across the face. Although rare, rosacea can also occur on the neck, scalp, chest, or ears. Dr. Smith offers treatment options for rosacea including oral medications, topical creams, IPL, and other laser treatments.
- Acne: Acne vulgaris or acne, is a skin disease that occurs when the oil glands at the base of the hair follicle become clogged and irritated. Typically caused by hormones or bacteria, acne can be treated by Dr. Smith with an oral medication like antibiotics, topical medication, chemical peels, and more.
- Rashes: Rashes are a skin condition that are caused by a variety of things including an underlying medical condition, a skin allergy, or even anxiety. Skin rashes include bumps, sores, inflammation, redness, itchiness, and even burning skin. Depending on the root of your rash, treatment options can include oral or topical medications.
- Warts: Warts are raised bumps on the skin caused by the human papilloma virus (HPV). Although they aren’t harmful, warts can be irritating and unsightly. Luckily, Dr. Smith offers a variety of removal options including topical gels, cryotherapy, acid, surgery, and laser removal.
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder that causes dry, red, itchy patches to form all across the body and scalp. Although there’s no cure for psoriasis, Dr. Smith can treat it by using a combination of oral medications, topical creams, and light therapy.
- Skin Cancers: Because there are many different signs and symptoms of skin cancer, it’s important to come into Dr. Smith’s office once a year for a comprehensive examination. During your exam, she will check your body for abnormalities, skin growths, or any other peculiarities. If skin cancer is detected, you and Dr. Shondra Smith will create an in-depth treatment plan including a biopsy, medical treatments, and supportive care services.
Whether you need a regular skin exam or you have a condition that needs treatment, we’ve got you covered! Give us a call today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Smith and we’ll help you achieve healthy, glowing skin in no time!