The VI Peel May Be Just the Beauty Boost You Need
- Posted on: Mar 15 2019
Chemical peel. The very term can create wild misperceptions about what this dermatologic treatment must entail. Chemical peels have been around since the late 1990s and, though they were hidden in the shadow of sophisticated laser treatments during the early 2000s, are making a comeback. The chemical peel should not be perceived as a harsh, aggressive treatment that will cause days of peeling and redness. This is far from the way it really is, especially with the VI peel.
We are pleased to perform chemical peels like the VI peel in our Lake Charles office. Under the supervision of a trained professional, peels provide numerous benefits, including gentle treatment and zero downtime.
Rejuvenating Ingredients Make Magic on the Skin
The VI peel has come about as a result of extensive research and development. The purpose of this peel is to disrupt the uppermost layer of tissue so dead and damaged cells can be released in a mild way. This is achieved through a carefully-selected list of ingredients, each of which has a special task to complete:
- Phenol: reduces deep lines and creases
- Retin-A: softens fine lines and wrinkles
- Salicylic Acid: reduces inflammation while encouraging cellular renewal
- Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA): stimulates collagen for smoother skin
- Vitamin C: brightens skin tone and provides antioxidant benefits
Because a chemical peel works by sloughing off dead and damaged cells, patients notice numerous effects from a single form of treatment. These include:
- Smoother, softer skin
- Lines and wrinkles become less noticeable
- Skin looks brighter
- Sun spots become lighter
- Pores are smaller and less visible
- Signs of melasma improve
- Acne and acne scarring are less aggravated and obvious
- Improved tissue firmness due to increased collagen
- Precancerous cells slough off
Chemical peels used to be less predictable back in the 90s, and even then they were a leading beauty treatment. Over time, we have learned that peels don’t have to be aggressive to get great results. The VI peel is a perfect example of a gentle treatment that can improve the skin in a number of ways.
Schedule your VI peel in our Lake Charles office. Call (337) 477-0011 to schedule your appointment.
Posted in: Aesthetic Services